Better Late Than Never

(Written on 1/16/2022)

Welcome to my blog. OK, I wasn't sure why they call these "blogs" so I just looked it up. It's short for weblog. What I actually wanted was a website to document rebuilding a 1979 Triumph Spitfire I purchased. But I didn't see an easy way to do that, and blogs are easy. So, a blog it is. I'm going to back date the "published" date so they indicate when I should have written them. The date they are actually written will be in parenthesis at the end of the post.

The Spitfire was purchased in August of 2020, and it's now January 2022. I decided I better get going on documenting the rebuild. Whenever I do any projects I take a lot of pictures. Typically these are texted to my family and close friends who are simply enthralled by the minute details of how I built this or fixed that. 😆 I'm surprised they don't delete my number from their cell phones. Capturing the rebuild details here will allow them to feign interest without photos being electronically shoved in their face.
 
Another reason to capture the rebuild is for people I don't know who wish to do something similar in the future. I'm already indebted to folks I don't know who have posted valuable information online. I hope I can do the same for others.
 
Note that I'm using the term rebuild rather than restore. To me, a restoration is bringing something back as close to its original condition as possible. Rebuilding is returning something worn and/or damaged back to excellent condition, but possibly different than it originally was. I'm going to make the Spitfire what I want it to be. Will that lower it's value? Probably, but it's rare that a restoration is worth more than the money invested, much less the time. That said, I'm a frugal dude and don't plan to throw money at the car. In fact I'm keeping a spreadsheet tracking what I'm spending on it. But I know she'll cost a pretty penny by the time she's done. That's why I'm calling her Penny.



Comments

  1. Well Weber you are at it again. Good for you. With Marla's permission I would love a ride when Penny is complete. I will also be armed with a hoodie(they don't make jackets like 1979 anymore) in case there is a muffler incident.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hurry Up and Wait

Taking a Detour at the Mill